The José Plínio Baptista School of Cosmology
The José Plínio Baptista School of Cosmology aims to biannually review relevant topics in theoretical physics. It shall consist of advanced courses and review seminars on the state-of-the-art of the chosen topic. Post-graduated and PhD students are the main target recipient the school is intended for.
José Plínio Baptista:
The school is named after professor José Plínio Baptista, who was active in the physics department of the Federal University of Espírito Santo (UFES) since 1974 until his death, in 2006. He was one of the co-founders of the physics department, of the post-graduate and PhD courses and of the Gravitation and Cosmology group of UFES.
The 2012 School (October 14-19):
The topics addressed in the 2012 school are:
- Cosmological perturbations.
- Structure formation in the Universe.
The courses will cover the theoretical, observational and numerical aspects related to these topics.
- José A. de Freitas Pacheco (Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur, França)
- Jean Michel Alimi (Observatoire de Meudon, França)
- Silvio Bonometto (Trieste University, Itália)
- Nelson Pinto-Neto (CBPF, Brasil)
- Christos Tsagas (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Armando Bernui (UNIFEI, Brasil)
- Gastão Bierrenbach Lima Neto (USP, Brasil)
- Thiago Pereira (UEL, Brasil)
- Marcos Lima (USP, Brasil)
Cosmo-ufes announcements / E-mails de notícias
Mailing list for members
Slack for members: send an e-mail.
Núcleo Cosmo-ufes, CCE
Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo
Av. Fernando Ferrari, 514
29075-910 - Vitória/ES - Brazil
Website administrators: DC. Rodrigues, V. Marra & OF. Piattella. Contributions: several students and postdocs have helped to expand and maintain the content that can be found here, specially in the organization of the events section, where their corresponding names can be found. Disclamer: Cosmo-ufes is a center ("núcleo") from UFES; this website is maintained by Cosmo-ufes members.